Monday, February 7, 2011

Randoms from the weekend & A challenge.

Well it's Monday and I am at work! Crazy I know. It even snowed a little bit over night but here we are :) I had a nice weekend. Busy yet relaxing & rewarding. I like that.

We had basketball games both Friday & Saturday nights ::like usual. Both were at home which was nice. Who wants to drive a mini bus full of cheerleaders an hour and a half both ways after working all day like we did 2 weeks ago? ::ughh. Anyways Friday night our pee wee girls performed between games. oh em gee. Cutest thing of my like. My 3yr old niece freaking rocked it. My sister forgot her camera, mine was dead & my parents were late! :( But luckily some friends got some pictures so I will get them up soon. I totally almost cried..like had tears in my eyes and had to hold myself back from sobbing because hello, how embarassing would that be?? Especially when I don't even have a kid out there. Or kids at all for that matter. Oh well. She is my first & only (for now) niece. Saturday I got to sleep in ::weeeee!!! & then back to school for the game. The Indiana Pacers mascot, Boomer, performed and he is always so much fun. Being the procrastinator & fly by the seat of my pants girl that I am; I never thought to charge my camera so I could at least get some pics. Oh well. We are working on that. (I say we like I'm more than one person..? wtfuh?) My niece (I keep referring to her without a name, i know. I haven't decided if I want to put it out there. Perhaps I should ask my sister ha) did her usual mascot deal ::"i want to hug him..him is berry nice..oh my, him is hilly...i like him." Until the freaking thing even makes a move like he is going to walk in her direction regardless if it's across the room. then it's ::"oh no, oh no...i don't want him to come ober here..him is ho cary..hold me!" God bless 3 year olds.
After the game My sister, niece, and I went to walmart bc hello, it is open 24/7 and that my friends, is one of my most favorite things. We went to get ribbon so I could make her big bows because ever since becoming a "cheerio" at our clinic and wearing one of my high school girls bows she thinks she should have one in always and duh she totally should. To make a long story short...we walked out $145 later ::why does that always happen at stores that sell everything that you could ever want but nothing you really need?? I think I heard "hey carta try an catch me" 3438589 times while she darted off somewhere & "pwease carta i reawy need this lipstick"...for real? She is nuts.
Yesterday was Superbowl Sunday. Packers vs. Steelers. Around here..it was all green & yellow. Despite there awful record this year and the not so good rep they have...this is Bengals country!! which means....down with Pittsburg!!! We got what we wanted and I loved every second of it. Sorry Roethlisberger, raping little girls probably doesn't make Jesus smile which means your probably not going to win the superbowl. Okay I'm done.

"To God Be The Glory" -Green Bay Packers player after winning the superbowl.

Love it.

Onto the challenge! I've decided too many people are negative nancys and just because a couple or even maybe alot of bad things have happened to them they are done...::the world is a terrible place, everyone owes me something, everyone is out to get me, i hate my life, ya know the normal debbie downer phrases. I'm not going to lie I've been there before. I am sure we all have at one point. But why???
Why live your life with no hope & a negative outlook on things when it is so easy to do the very opposite. I am going to challenge myself & I challenge you, if you are reading this to write down 5 things a day that you are thankful for. I am going to post mine so I can look back in doubtful times & remember how good I have it. I will do this for 30 days. It can be anything...small or large. When you start thinking about it the things you are thankful for come fairly quick. I promise after doing this your whole outlook on life will change. If you believe, you should try to remember each night before falling asleep to thank God for these things in your life. Remember what you put out into the world comes back to you ten fold. Be kind, to yourself & others. Be grateful.

"Love life & Life Will Love You Back. Love People & They Will Love You Back" -Arthur Rubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment